Based in picturesque Canberra, QuintessenceLabs has been building cybersecurity products since
2008. QuintessenceLabs commercial products include a fast, high quality random number
generator based on quantum principals, a world-leading enterprise key management appliance, and
virtual zeroisation for microSD cards. Our R&D projects include quantum key distribution and chip-
scale quantum random number generation. We have a diverse, inclusive, small and highly skilled
team including specialists in software development, hardware engineering and quality assurance.
We have just completed a major funding round and are poised to exploit the rapidly growing market
for quantum technologies.
Benefits of working at QuintessenceLabs
• Work on a variety of products, commercial projects and/or Defence-related projects
• Limited options to work from home, when not dealing with sensitive projects
• Work at the beautiful Brindabella Business Park campus, including cycling and gym facilities,
ample parking, child care centre, sports grounds / tennis courts and plentiful green space.
About the position
As a system administrator at QuintessenceLabs, your work will cover:
• Monitoring of security disclosures and application of resulting patches to our custom, cut-
down Linux distribution
• Setting up new systems in experimental configurations for Defence R&D projects
• Monitoring internal systems for security concerns, and working to remediate
• Patching, updating and refresh of internal infrastructure
Experience with Linux is a must, experience with Windows is highly desirable. You will join a small (3
person) team dealing with ICT. You will need to liaise with other business groups including software
development, electronic engineering, physics, quality assurance, operations, logistics and finance.
Your ultimate goal will be to protect the integrity of the data held by the company and our
Who we are looking for
• Australian citizen, able to obtain an Australian Government security clearance up to NV1 level.
• Skilled people driven to make positive contributions to their team be it large or small.
• Experience with installation and upkeep of Linux distributions
• Experience with configuration, maintenance and trouble-shooting of networks
• Comfortable working on headless Linux servers at the command line
• Prior industry experience preferred but not mandatory
• Ability to write Python scripts is a bonus!
How to apply
Email your resume and a brief cover letter addressing the four key criteria we are looking for, to
QuintessenceLabs is the leader in quantum cyber-security solutions. We are pushing back the boundaries of what is possible in data security, to let our customers push boundaries of their own.
Our quantum cyber-security solutions deliver the strongest foundation for data protection, harnessing the power of nature. They include a leading key and policy manager, an embedded high speed quantum random number generator, and the safety of a secure key store. In parallel, QuintessenceLabs is at the forefront of the development of advanced quantum key distribution technology protecting sensitive data assets from the most sophisticated threats. Our customers and partners include major banks, government, defense and cloud service providers.
QuintessenceLabs was founded in Canberra, Australia and has an office in San Jose, California.